请问call at ,callfor.,call on,call up有什么区别?

问题描述:

请问call at ,callfor.,call on,call up有什么区别?

Call in 作"请来"、"找来"、"召来"解,"请人来作某种专业的咨询或帮忙"的意思.如:
Your father is ill,you should call in a doctor at once.你父亲病了,应该马上去请个大夫来.
The police have been called in to help make it clear.
已请来了警察帮忙把这件事弄清楚.
Call on和call at的意思一样,都是"拜访""访问",但call on后接表示人的名词或代词,call at 后接表示地点或场所的词语.试比较:
I called on the Smiths yesterday.
我昨天拜访了史密斯一家人.
I called at the Smith's yesterday.
我昨天去了史密斯家.
I called on the doctor yesterday.
我昨天去拜访了医生.
I called at the doctor's yesterday.
我昨天去了医务室.
另外,call on还可以"号召",后面往往接动词不定式作宾语补主语.如:
The headmaster called on the students to work harder.校长号召学生们更努力地学习.
Call for 有几个不同的意思:
1.作"要求"、"需要"、"提倡"解.如:
Success calls for hard work.
成功要靠勤奋.
People are calling for the freedom of all slaves.人们要求解放所有奴隶.
The work calls for a lot of time.
这项工作需要大量时间.
2.表示"接(某人)"、"来取(某物)".如:
I'll call for you at sever this evening.
今晚七点我来接你.
We call for the package at the post office.我们到邮局去取包裹.
3.表示"喊着要人取来",相当于ask for.如:
The man sat down and called for a glass of beer.
那人坐下来,要了一杯啤酒.
Call up是"打电话"之意,相当于ring up或telephone或phone.如:
I'll call you up tomorrow.
我明天给你打电话.
另外,call up 还有"回想起"之意.如:
Your letter called up the days when we worked together.你的信使我回想起我们一同工作的日子